Friday, January 28, 2011

Slow And Steady There Mister


Day 210 in my "Year In my Life Through Pictures" series

Have you ever been through a checkout that was moving really slowly? How about in the only checkout line open, no choice to line jump with the slowest checkout cashier there is? Yep, happened to us tonight. Kmart in Paducah is notorious for having slow moving lines? Why are they slow? I have no idea, normally. But this fella was very deliberate about looking at the label of every item just to find the bar-code so he could scan it. I am 10 times faster than this guy is/ was when I check myself out in the self checkout lane at Wal-Mart.

I guess it is a patience builder. I kind of just took a few deep breathes and checked out the impulse buys in line. K Mart has a fine selection of batteries and men's disposable razors in aisle 3 if you ever need to look at those items for 10 minutes or so. But, it could be worse. I could have no money to buy things from K Mart. Have no job to support my family. Have no car to get me where I want to go. Have no house to keep all of our stuff in and give us a warm place to stay. So, I have a lot to be thankful for.

I need to keep things in focus. Did standing in line 10 minutes in a line hurt me in any way? Not at all, except to try my patience and to show me I don't always get my way. I also learned that I will not be going to K Mart when this guy is working the checkout by himself.

No comments: