Sunday, July 3, 2011

All Good Things Must Come To An End


Day 366, My Final Day, in my "Year In My Life Through Pictures" blog series

Well, it's over. A full year, plus one day that I have posted a picture or three on this blog. It started off as fun, then turned into a challenge, but I believe that it was a good exercise for me and hopefully gave some insight into a little piece of my life. Yeah, not very exciting most of the time, huh? Today's picture? The neighbors thought they would celebrate my birthday with a fireworks show. Actually, I'm sure they were shooting them off for Independence Day, but I can pretend.

What I really hope to have had accomplished was sharing the love of God, that He has bestowed on me and my household. A lot of times it came easy to transition from my picture of the day into a testimony of God's goodness and grace in my life. Admittedly, some days it was a struggle and I know whose struggle it was, mine, as God is always good - even when we feel otherwise.

Many changes have come to pass through this year. The most recent and most life altering was the addition of baby Elliott. Just last evening Matt and Emily got engaged and today I became one year older. I've gained many gray hairs and I have lost several pounds. I have made new friends and I have had the opportunity to pray with and for a lot of people through the "Prayer Request Station" through Oak Grove's prayer ministry. I have seen God work in my church family's lives. I have seen the devastation that a flood can cause on one hand and see the miracles through the same flood. Through it all God has been there. Through each post God was active in my life and around my life. Sometimes I didn't see Him, sometimes He was quite apparent, but He was there.

Looking forward to the next 365 days and to my next birthday I can't help but wonder what God has in store for me and those around me. I wonder what He will do through Real Truth Matters, Oak Grove, my brothers and sisters at church, my family, my job and just life in general. My prayer lately has been to be able to perceive God along my path, because sometimes we do not have the eyes to see. We must ask for those eyes to see Him, ask for the ears to hear Him and watch expectantly for His work to be manifest so that we may praise His Name. I pray that I can be used in ways that makes it evident it is God doing the work through me. Who knows, quiet and introverted Jeff may be pulled from His comfort zone through the next 12 months. I have a new willingness to be out of my comfort zone, which is definitely not me making that step on my own.

Whatever happens I want to be able to raise the Name of Christ high and mighty. I want to praise Him through the valleys and high on the mountain tops and everywhere in between. Will you join me in that prayer for myself and for your own self? May we all be able to strengthen and edify one another. I know it a struggle sometimes to get along with me and agree with me, but I hope all the readers (all 3 of you) know that I just want the truth of scripture to be magnified. Sometimes I get a little over zealous, but mean well, and actually take rebuke quite well when I am wrong.

Who knows, I may even carry on this series. Of course there will be some major changes. Maybe a "Year In My Life through Pictures:Weekly Edition" as I told a brother yesterday. But thank whoever has read this little slice of the blogosphere. I have never been a writer, which is self evident, but I have learned some things along the way. Hopefully one day I might even be able to write a blog post that is planned out, instead of my normal way of doing them.

No comments: