Monday, January 24, 2011

A Proper Reading


Day 206 in my "Year In My Life Through Pictures" series.

How many times have you heard John 3:16? It is the most known and memorized verse in the whole Bible. I wonder if that is why when we hear it that it doesn't have the effect on us that it should. This verse is the Gospel in a single statement, but repetition has somehow diminished its magnificence to us sinful creatures.

How miraculous is it that the Holy God of the Universe, that hates Sin because if He didn't He would not be Holy, send His son to die for us, because He loves us? That is really hard to believe. See the Father and the Son are full in themselves and do not need us in any way. I have actually head it say that for the Father to look from the Son to anything else is unthinkable. Think God is self absorbed? You bet He is and He has every right to be. But this is how He sees us as sinless, because we are in Christ, if you have repented and believed in Him.

I definitely can not explain why God loves us. I can only say that I am glad that He does and that He did make a way for us to be in fellowship with Him. Our rejection of Him and our persistent sins should eternally separate us from Him, but instead He loves us. WOW!

I really need to get a stronger focus on this amazing love of God. I skim over this verse and many others without giving second thought to exactly how amazing they are. I will definitely be seeking God more to reveal these verse to me, so that His Word will come alive to me. That He will illuminate His Word in my heart and give me the understanding that I desperately need.

No comments: