Thursday, February 19, 2009

Internet At Home.... Finally.

Hi everyone. Thank you all once again for hanging in there and checking back periodically. Guess what. No, I'm not giving up the blog. I finally have the internet restored at my house. So the official count was 14 days without electricity, 25 days without the internet, 4 days without cell phone service and now our home phone has been out for about a week even after lasting through the whole ice storm and its immediate effects.

Just wanted to fill you in that I will definitely have a new blog posting up in the next day or 2. The Lord has seen fit to begin a new trial in my life that has really moved me into a further level of trusting in Him for everything. I thought I was, but this latest happening has shown me that I haven't been. I know the Lord is in control of my life, I am His child and I know that He is allowing this to show me a lot of things and I am learning so much through it. One thing is that He lead me to a wonderful church home with the greatest church family that have been wonderful through everything my family has been through recently. I know that if it wasn't for my family at Oak Grove Baptist Church that I would not be able to handle these tests. God brought me to where He knew I needed in order to draw strength and support from each and every person in the OGBC body. He was gracious enough to put me there before these things came about and I am so very thankful for God's goodness, which I in no way deserve.

The passage of scripture that really plays through my head these days is Philippians 4:11-13 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.I can do all things through Christ[a] who strengthens me. Especially with the content part - God supplies everything I need, He gives and He takes away - He is good and He loves me through it all - He doesn't give me what I deserve - He shows His grace and mercy to me daily - for I am His child and I am resting in His loving arms and it is good.

No comments: