Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Heart Of Your Treasures


This is a first for me. My good friend Whitt from Treasuring Christ asked if I would like to be a monthly contributor to the TC website. Apparently he has read my posts here before, but that didn't stop him from asking anyway. I was honored to have been asked and this week my first endeaver there was posted. Below is the first part of it, so please visit the Treasuring Christ website to read the rest of it. WHile there please sign up for the many and valuable resources there, including men's and women's ministry pages, the Emergency study that I have recommended here before and several other studies. There are just too many for me to list here, so please bookmark the site and dive in.

The Heart Of Your Treasures: Posted on the Treasuring Christ website


What you are reading is the 3rd incarnation of this article. The first two? Well, let’s just say they got a little wordy and I tried to get all “expositional” on the whole chapter of Matthew 13. And I realized; “Jeff, this is not about breaking down each verse word by word. This is about Christ and the Treasure He is to you”.


So, here I am, after sleeping another night with the verse on my mind and weighing on my heart. Waking with it being the first thing on my mind: “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and hid; and for joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.”
I cannot read this verse without it bringing to mind, Luke 12:34 (and Matthew 6:21) “For where your treasure is, there will be your heart also”. These verses have caused me to really look inward to where exactly is my heart. What is my treasure? Is my treasure Christ? Am I willing to sell everything I have to pursue Him?

No comments: