Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Audacity To Hope In A Person

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteous;
No merit of my own I claim
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
On Christ, the solid rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

It seems like a lot of talk of “hope” is being heard these days. I would say it has a lot to do with, now President, Barack Obama and his rhetoric of hope for many things, the title of his book “Audacity of Hope” and his campaign memorabilia emblazoned with the word hope.

I still haven’t quite figured out what the “hope bandwagon” is all about. What exactly is everyone hoping for and why do they believe Obama is the one that will usher in their dreams of hope? Maybe it is because President Obama is a great speaker and everyone hopes that he will come through with his promises. I for one do not hope that at all. My hope is that Obama will soon see his sinful, worldly ways and repent and become truly converted and actually believe what the Word of God says instead of making a mockery of it. See below for a video that explains that statement.


If anyone’s hope lies in any man, then they are painfully looking in the wrong direction. The only hope you or I have is in Christ and what He did on the cross for us. Anything other than that is inconsequential.
Psalms 56:11 In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.
Psalms 118:8 It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

Every Christian needs to earnestly pray for Obama’s salvation. He is very deceived and has compromised the Word of God, justifies murdering babies, twists and mocks scripture, keeps company with questionable “pastors”, not to mention is in cahoots with the queen of the world, Oprah. What Obama needs is the repent and trust in the Lord as any other worldly person does. Oh how that would glorify the Lord if Obama would make a speech and say, “I was wrong. Abortion is truly murder, and I have lied to each and every one of you. I am sorry and I have repented unto the Lord.” Now, will that happen? It could, but he is heavily mired in the sins of his flesh and is only getting deeper. Oh yes, the Lord can save him as well as He can anyone, but Obama’s presidency may just be a judgment on our society as it was in the days of Noah and Sodom and Gomorrah.

Please pray for Obama and his staff and even your local elected officials. God has put them there for a reason, even if they do not follow Him.

Obama Mocks God and The Bible

No comments: