Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year - 2009

I just wanted to take a moment and wish everyone and their families a Happy New Year. Start out the year right with humbling yourself to the Lord and asking Him to cleanse your life of all possible sins, make it a point to pray constantly, be in constant communion with the Lord. Ask that He be ever present in your thoughts and life and that you think of Him before you do anything.

Also on a personal note: My family is in the midst of a very difficult situation. I will not go into detail, but say that my son is in a lot of trouble with the law. This is after years of issues with him, he has finally gotten caught and must now pay. I tried for a long time to change him, praying the whole time that "I" could say the right words, that "I" could do the right things, that "I" could make him see what he was doing was destructive, that "I" could just make him understand. God showed me that "I" couldn't do anything except show him love and tell him the truth and leave the rest up to the Lord. That's what I did about 2 years ago, my son has done things that he should have never gotten away with (and did get away with) and now he got caught and it is serious to the law and has devastating implications for my whole family.

I know the Lord is in control and I gave up control of my son to Him a long time ago. I know I still pray for my son and I know that God will be definitely glorified through all of this. This may be the bottom of the barrel - where my son finally sees God and how he sins against Him, the Creator of all. Please pray for my son that God will open his mind and heart to Him, please pray for my family during this storm of life. I gave up control of this situation to God a few moments after the initial shock of what has happened and am resting perfectly in His Bosom. Jehovah Shalom, You are with me,
To supply all my needs.

4 comments:

Sophie said...

Wow. I can't tell you how much I admire your total faith in God. I would like to say I'd be doing the same thing you are, if I were in your shoes, but I know I would be trying to fight against what God is doing. I'm praying for you guys.

Love, love, love.

Camillia said...

what a great out look you have...I will be praying for you guys...that this will all be puzzle peices fitting together in the way only God can fashion, and in the end, when the big picture is shown, you can see how it was all worked together for His glory!

Anonymous said...

Jeff, I will be praying for you during this time as I can imagine how stressful and painful it must be. I hope you are comforted knowing that whatever we face, God is faithful to use it for our good and His glory. If there is anything we can do to help please let us know!

Jeff said...

Thank you all. It means so much to us that we are in your prayers. To God be the glory and He is getting glorified for this. I am not sure what He has planned, but I know that He has control of Matt and his situation.