Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 34: Our Children


These little guys were under my care tonight during church service. We are on a rotating schedule to watch the kids while the adults/ parents meet for service. Usually we meet in the fellowship hall instead of the sanctuary, so that left it open tonight for us to watch a movie. We did this instead of playing outside, since the temperatures have been so brutal lately. I didn't want to have to administer first aid or CPR to a kid that had fallen out from heat exhaustion or anything.

Watching the kids is an honor and a privilege. These children are the future and we must bring them up in the admonition of the Lord. Too often I have failed at this with my on kids, but that doesn't make me want to throw in the towel and quit. It gives me new hope that I will look to my Father to guide me, to show the same kind of love He shows me. Albeit not attainable, it is a worthy goal and one that I must constantly seek guidance for, which let's me have a closer walk with God.

How thankful I am that God loves me, but not just a general love, but a personal love that He chose to love me for nothing I have done or could ever do. What a wonderful God that looked through time and chose me before the foundation of the Earth, when all I would ever deserve would be damnation for rejecting Him, the Creator of the universe.

No comments: