Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 50: A Storm Is A Brewin'


The clouds had me fooled this evening. They were getting fairly thick, fairly quickly. But, alas, no rain again. I think we may be officially in a drought situation in this part of the country. I know the rain has been very little and very many days in between.

This is like our spiritual well being. I think a lot of us feel like we are in a drought sometimes. We look up a lot and see the source for a downpour, but still nothing comes. I wonder why that is. Is it because we don't want a pouring out on us? Or could God just be withholding, pushing us to trust in Him as our source even more deeply?

I know I need a downpour from the Lord daily. By His grace I have been able to fellowship daily with Him. It has become a habit to just carry on conversations with God as I am working. I am still far from where I need to be, but He is chipping away at this hard exterior and reshaping me on a daily basis. I thank Him because He has done this to me. The wretch I am wants nothing to do with Him apart from His work in me. It amazes me that even as vile as I am He still loves me and is there with arms wide open. How wonderful it is to rest in His arms and know that the Creator of the Universe, the same God of David, Paul, Moses and Job has the same relationship with me as He did those other men. How wonderful it will be one day to hear from David's mouth the Psalms that we read now. To talk to Paul about the day Jesus changed him on the Damascus Road, to talk to Noah about building the Ark and how faithful God was to save him for being faithful to Him or to hear first hand how it was to spend 3 days in the belly of a fish from Jonah. But most of all, and I can't really imagine this, to sit at the feet of Jesus and bask in His glory, speechless as I learn how much He loves me, so much that He died for me.

No comments: