Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 84: Canned Fury - Update


If you read the post I did a few days ago I outlined an issue I had with a case of Diet Cokes that I had purchased. About 3/4 of the cans inside the case were damaged, but the carton itself was free of damage. I sent Diet Coke a nice little email outlining the situation, they contacted me with some questions and I responded. Today I received a nice little note stating they were sorry about the issue and also sent me 2 coupons for 2 free 12 packs. Now that is cool. I expected nothing and they apologized via email, a letter and gave a consolation gift of 2 12 packs.

It is nice that the Coca Cola company did this for me, even though I would have still consumed their product if they didn't. I wasn't looking for a freebie and even told them that, I just wanted to let them know that there was an issue and they could look into it if they wanted to. I would want to know if my company were putting a product out that was not of good quality.

It reminds me of me somewhat. I know that I do not always portray Christ to this world. I often act out of the flesh, which means I think more of my opinion than I do about hurting someone else's feelings. I do not go out of my way to offend, but I do and I am in the process of seeking God to show me those moments more quickly so I can correct my outburst. It is a process for me, since I do not really know that I do it at the time, but now within a few seconds I see things I could have handled a little differently and conveyed the same message. I am a work in progress and I pray that one day I will see the error before I commit it and totally avoid it all together. I pray that that then, in turn, turns to not even thinking of the outburst, but that what I see now as the correct reaction to be my first and only reaction.

With God leading me through this I know it will come to pass. It is His will that I am kind to others and show them the love of Christ through my words and actions. This is not saying that I am or will compromise the truths of God's Word, but that I will do it in a more loving manner.

Romans 12:9-10 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another;

1 Peter 4:8 And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.”

1 John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother[a] abides in death.

1 John 4:7-21 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
Seeing God Through Love. No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us. By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him. Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. We love Him because He first loved us. If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.

No comments: