Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 93: The Lord Provides


Today started out like any other Saturday, except I had to get up at 6:30 and go over to the church to help with "Church Clean Up Day:2010". Well, didn't have to, but wanted to. We got a lot accomplished, a lot thrown away and a lot of fellowship - so it was a great day all around.

Afterward Chandra, the boyss Joseph and I took a little road trip to Marion/ Carbondale to have some dinner and to do a little shopping and for even more fellowship. So, the day was even better thanks to spending time with the family and great friend, Bubby Joe. We ate at 17th Street Grill in Marion, home to some really wonderful BBQ. The portions will knock you off your chair, so bring a big appetite whenever you decide you might want some really tasty Illinois BBQ. We then walked around a bit in the malls, bought a few items and then headed back home. We did stop at Wal Mart, because that's what you do every time you are out in your car. Actually we had to get a few items for our first Sunday of the month fellowship meal.

So reflecting back on the day the Lord allowed me to partake on - I can say that it was good. Even if it had not been filled with my family and church family, it would have been good because God allowed me to live another day and reflect on His goodness and His grace that He has bestowed on me. I hope every day of my life is lived with God as the focus.

No comments: