Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 105: McD's Is Back


Earlier in my "Year in my life" series I used a local McDonalds that was being torn down with the plans on being rebuilt. The first post/story was on the nostalgic side as I recollected the old building built in 1970. The second picture/ post was of the pile of rubble when they had demolished the building.


These newest pictures are of the new building, an outside shot and an inside shot, on the first day of operation. Not that we had to go there the first day of the new stores operation, but it was kind of cool to be a customer on the first day. I had the old trusty #6, which I would just as soon have over a steak dinner.

I am quite the simple person for dining. I have no inclination for fancy foods or fancy restaurants. Just give me a Diet Coke and a double cheeseburger and I am good to go. I will be adventurous sometimes as Mickey D's and get a Big Mac, but that's a variant of a double cheeseburger too. So hopelessly simple am I.

The three posts are now over, but they do show 3 major phases of this McDonalds. The last day, the destruction and the new version. My conversion experience was probably not this obvious to those that have known me for a long time. I was not the typical "Saul to Paul" conversion; I had lived a good life, at least in the eyes of the world. At my conversion I did not have a lot of baggage, per se, but I did harbor a lot of sin. When God did save me He did take some of the noticeable baggage, the 24 year smoking habit, the satanic music and the semi-potty mouth were gone, those were rubble. The things left were sins that were not that noticeable to others. These sins are still being demolished by God as I look to Him to rebuild me, to mold me into the likeness of His son. These not so readily noticeable sins can be very detrimental to my walk, if I allow them to. My flesh battles with my spirit daily, which gives me more reliance on God for strength and guidance. I thank God I still have to depend on Him for everything. If I had to rely on me I would still be mired in the filth of my sins.

No comments: