Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day104: Saving Some Here And There


I refuse to make a correlation between coupons and the saving grace of God. So, please do not think that is where this is going. To do so would be sacrilegious.

Chandra has gotten into a coupon phase over the past few months. I am 100% for this as I am all for saving wherever and however possible. We are not die hard at it, but we have saved quite a bit over the time she gained interest in clipping coupons.

I would suggest that everyone take advantage of these little money savers. Also do a little research to see if any stores in your area offer doubling or even tripling. In our area Kroger doubles coupons up to $.55. You can also take coupons and add with register rewards and special sales at CVS and Walgreens. I have seen friends get things for practically nothing, which is a good thing. I just wonder how these stores stay open after paying bills and for the merchandise if they are selling $100.00 worth of items for $5.00. I just don't understand it.

This is one way to be a good steward of what God blesses you with, using the money He blesses you with in a glorifying manner. This could be the start of getting out of debt as you can use your savings dollars to put toward your outstanding debt. Another possibility is donating the money you save to your church or another ministry that proclaims the Word. I still have a lot to learn in this area too, so you are definitely not alone.

No comments: