Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Blast From The Past


Day 270 in my "Year In My Life Through Pictures" blog series

I've been breaking out a few older and smaller work jeans over the past week or so. I've lost a good little amount of weight on the ol' diet and my current work jeans (and normal ones too) are getting loose. Thankfully I am prepared. Over the years I have been putting the weight on I have also been saving my smaller size clothes. Now I have goals based on my pant sizes over the years.

I just pulled out jeans that have been neatly kept in the closet for about 4-5 years now. I still have some others in the same time range that I will be breaking out in a couple of weeks, but it is good to see the old clothes again. I will, however, have to put up the larger clothes that I have been wearing. Actually, I think I will go a different route with the larger clothes - I'm getting rid of them. In getting rid of them I will have to buy new clothes if I gain weight again. Since I am not big on buying clothes, I will be less likely to gain weight because I won't have anything to wear. Since I am cheap, I won't buy any and then I'll shed the pounds again.

So, I am probably not on track to lose my target weight of 50 pounds, but I am losing at a healthy rate. I am over 1/2 way to my 90 day goal with a few more weeks to go, so you never know. Maybe I will hit a fat burning increase now that spring is here. I've got a lot of outside work to do, so that will burn some extra calories. Plus there is mowing the yard, which I already had to do in spots through the yard.

All in all I am pleased with my results. I know that I am gaining strength from God through this. He is my focus and He is who I want to glorify in this process. I have tried many times to lose weight unsuccessfully, this is because I relied on me and my willpower. This time I am relying on God and my "big why" which is to glorify Him and open doors to talk to others about Him and share the gospel. Prayerfully He will open my mouth since I am on the quiet side. I know He is in control and I know as long as I keep my gaze on Christ He will direct my path. To God be the Glory!

No comments: