Saturday, March 12, 2011

Daytrip To Lebanon


Day 253 in my "Year In My Life Through Pictures" blog series

Had a great time today with my beautiful wife, Chandra. We haven't had much time just "us" lately, so we decided to take a little day trip down South. We headed to Lebanon Tennessee to do a little shopping at an outlet mall there.

First thing, outlet malls have changed since the last time I went to one. Biggest change? The prices. They seem to be the same as in any other retail store. Years ago there was a fairly successful outlet mall about 20 miles from Paducah. One of the great stores there was POLO. I remember buying Polo shirts for 1/3 of retail. Now, at the outlet store we visited today the biggest discount they had was 25% off, but still cost as much as the local Dillard's.

Needless to day, we didn't buy very much. But we did have a great time and had a really great conversation on the way down about the effects of the world within our family. Also, I admitted to her that I have failed miserably as a spiritual leader for our family and that I know I need to step up and lead as God intends me to. I will definitely need to lean on Him a lot more now and also the brothers at church. God has placed us in a very loving church body that desires to help each other out, no matter what the need is. I praise God for our church home.

Now, off to bed as it's "Spring Forward" night for Daylight Savings time (YUK).

No comments: