Friday, March 25, 2011

Hurry Up And Wait


Day 266 in my "Year In My Life Through Pictures" blog series

I had to run by the post office when I got off work today. Fortunately there is one just a mile or two from my work. Unfortunately it must have been break time for clerk #2 as clerk #1 waited on people one at a time. This would not have been an issue if everyone had not wanted money orders. There was one man, however, that stood in the line a couple of places before me, patiently waiting. When he arrived at the front, he bought a single stamp. $.44. That's it and stood in line for 10 minutes or better.

I tried to be patient. I probably even appeared patient as I stood here, eyes firmly forward, about 9th in line. Truth is I was irritated and it was wrong. I did begin to think of good things, why I was thankful that I was even able to stand in a line, etc. but honestly I never thought, "Be anxious for nothing". And that is one of my go to verses when I finally figure out that God is doing something contrary to what I want. Looks like He wanted me to stand in a line for 10 minutes+ in order to realize that I get anxious about some little things and shrug it off and only think that Philippians 4:6-7 only is meant for the "big" issues in life. WRONG! That's why God said "In ALL things", that means the "little things" too.

I still have a lot to figure out and a lot of flesh to overcome. Scratch that. I have a lot to seek God for in overcoming this flesh. It is a constant struggle, but with the grace and mercy of God I am making strides forward. He must remain the focus and as long as my gaze is fixed on Him I will be good to go. Once our vision gets blurry or we start straying we then start to sin and seek pleasures of the flesh. Oh how I want to keep Him as my focus, but fail. This is why I must seek Him more. Constantly.

No comments: