Friday, March 18, 2011

Just Another Day?


Day 259 in my "Year In My Life Through Pictures" blog series

Well, the day had to come. I've been to work, I've been home, I've been busy. I have not taken a picture all day or night and hence, have nothing to write about. It's been 259 days after all, it had to happen some time. I could have rushed around at a hectic pace and tried to snap a picture, but didn't feel right about doing so. The purpose of this series is to share in my life through a picture a day, so this is some sharing. It was almost a failure today.

Actually as I write, this post is actually sharing my day. It has been somewhat the same as any other day. My mother-in-law did come into town for a visit, so that is something I could have written about, but I never captured a picture of her and she's fast asleep. I did get to talk to her for an hour or so before my wife made it home, which was really nice talking to her. We have never really had in depth conversations about much of anything and I am glad that we had the opportunity to talk.

I did have more time today to commune with the Lord, which is always great. I go through periods where I feel like I am further away from Him than I was when I was unrepentant. I then have to rehearse in my mind that my feelings are from the flesh and can be deceptive. It could actually be oppression from demonic forces too, trying to infuse confusion in my mind about my standing with God. Today was sweet in that manner though. I have been asking God to renew my heart and I believe that He is answering. I am an emotional kind of guy (even though my wife says otherwise), so I do have to watch how my feelings manipulate my thought patterns. I can come up with something and run with it, spinning it into a whole story before I snap out of it.

I can not put faith in my feelings, only in God. He is faithful and just and loves me and has adopted me. I was once a God hating sinner and now I am His son, joint heirs with Christ. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING is more of a picture of grace than that. While I was still a sinner, Christ died for me. For me? Yes, for me. I praise Him for that and I can't thank Him enough for bestowing on to me His love and His forgiveness. Oh, what a Savior!

No comments: