Thursday, March 24, 2011

How The Story Goes


Day 265 in my "Year In My Life Through Pictures" blog series

Only 100 days more until this blog series is wrapped up. Hopefully after that I will begin to write "normal" posts again. For some reason I can't seem to find the time to write much anymore. I do get ideas and inspirations, but I soon forget them or get sidetracked and re-think writing and decide I should just keep my thoughts to myself. My goal is to start writing again, what is happening in my world and to write about the state of the church these days.

Today's picture is the Bible study that the family is embarking on. The way our schedules are it is difficult to find a consistent time to do anything regularly. That is going to change though. This study is very important to our family and I have been seriously deficient in leading this family. I get frustrated easily, but I need to put those selfish feeling aside and press on toward the goal of leading. After all, I will stand before God and give an account of this family, since He has entrusted them to my care. Not only physical care, but more importantly spiritual care. I have not done so properly and I am tired of making excuses. Even though the excuses are legitimate, they are not reason enough to neglect this much needed study time as a family.

There is a lot of "me" in me. I always look at things from my vantage point, instead of looking at the big picture. I tend to get frustrated, which is just looking at me in self pity. I should always be taking my eyes off of me and placing my gaze upon Christ. I need to see this world filtered through Christ. I fail miserably and it's because of all of the "me". It is a grace that God has shown this to me and a grace that I desire to not be so self motivated. I know through Him and doing the things I have already been commanded to do in scripture for my family that He will be honored and glorified.

No comments: