Sunday, December 26, 2010

Day 177: Wal Mart Is The Waiting Place


Seems like Wal Mart would have the day after Christmas figured out by now. A multi-billion dollar a year in sales and they can't figure out how to get their customers out the door in a timely manner.

Stopped by to get some ice cream for Chandra after church tonight and it was fairly busy. I assume that a lot of people were there partaking in the 50% off after Christmas sale, which we did earlier today, after morning service. Tonight Wal Mart had about 3 lanes opened with cashiers and another 3 that were self checkout. The lines for each were back to the clothing departments, so I thought I was fortunate to get a fairly close place in the "Express Lane". I figured, that I would be out in no time.

20 minutes later and I am still standing behind someone that had over the 10 item limit. By over I do not mean 1 or 2 things, I mean like double the limit. Then she was trying to pay with 2 separate gift cards and one was not scanning properly. So, the express lane with 3 people in front of me took about 20-30 minutes to make it through. I told Chandra that her ice cream was probably milk by the time I made it home. I also noticed that behind me a couple had a full buggy of groceries, running over the top of the buggy full too. Can people not understand the 10 items or less concept? It is simple, you can come through the line if you have 10 items or less, not rocket surgery here.

I actually had to pray while standing in line because I was really getting agitated at the extended wait. I should have been grateful that I was standing in a heated building, buying a food product that was not a necessity, using money that I earned at a job after driving there in my nice warm car. To top that off I should be really happy that I had just came from a church service that I did not get spat on for attending and was not ridiculed when I entered or left the church building..... yet that is, anyway.

I really need to start looking at the blessings in my life rather than the perceived hindrances. I suppose that God is showing me this because I noticed it this evening. This is yet another grace from God that He did not have to show me. I am so undeserving of the favor He has shown and continues to show me. It is my current prayer that He will show me more of these moments as He did tonight and help me put them to rest and be conformed more to the image of Christ.

No comments: