Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 152: Do I Still Love A Parade?


I am still working on the video for the Oak Grove float for this weekends Christmas Parade. I am a newbie, so I am using this as a learning experience and I am indeed learning some things. After Effects can be a little tricky and so can Premier, but the show must go on. I work better under pressure anyway.

God has given me some resources to help out Oak Grove and Real Truth Matters in a limited capacity for the time being. After I learn to do more I will ask for more projects. Simple is better at the moment, but we all have to start somewhere. I am also learning the operational side of the Adobe family of products and the biggest thing I have learned is to save and save often.

Working on the parade project I have been reminded of a parable I have heard. We are like the spectators in a parade, our lives pass before us like the floats and bands in a parade do. We can only see what is in front of us and remember what has already past. We can look up the street and try to make out what's heading our way, but often times are incorrect. But God's perspective would be like someone in an airplane looking down. He sees the beginning and the end and all things in between. It is a really crude example of God's omniscience, but somewhat conveys that God knows the beginning from the end and all things in between.

I am actually glad that I do not know what's in store for me. I do make plans, but I know that God is in control and can change those plans at any time to fulfill His will. He has done so many times through my life and not all was I a willing participant in, but now I am. I trust God to use me and to direct my path. I am not perfect in this, but I strive for it. I look to Him for strength and trust to lean further toward Him.

No comments: