Saturday, April 23, 2011

April Showers


Day 295 in my "Year In My Life Through Pictures" blog series

We had a great day today at Matt and Emily's co-ed baby shower. There was a great turnout and baby Elliott made away with a big haul. Not only was it a fun filled time, it was also a temptation filled time. There was Missy cake there, the best cake that one can possibly put in their mouth, and I had to refrain because of my diet. That's OK, because I'm going to bribe her to make me a "coming off of my diet" cake when I reach my goal. It will be my first hoorah, instead of a last hoorah. It may be my only hoorah, because I might go into a sugar comma.

It will be only 2 more months until I am officially a grandpa. One thing I'm not sure on is what for Elliott to call me when he gets old enough to talk. Of course we have to figure something out, because everyone will be calling me that for him to associate the name with me. If anyone has any cool grandpa names let me know. All I can think of that is non-traditional is "Pap" or maybe just "Jeff" will do. The names "grandfather", "grandaddy" and "papaw" don't really feel right to me for some reason.

On a more serious note, I would ask the readers of this post to pray for Matt, Emily and baby Elliott. Also please pray for both sides of the family as we are joined as one family, that we will always hold Elliott's interests in the forefront. I have seen many families have divisions wedged between them for whatever reason and I really don't want to do that, at all. Ever. Also pray that Elliott will be raised to know who God is and to know the price that He paid for him and that he will come to know Him early in life.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Thanks for the compliment! It was a beautiful shower and I will keep your family in my prayers. And I'll be happy to make you a good-riddance-diet cake!