Sunday, April 17, 2011

Time Is Not On My Side


Day 289 in my "Year In My Life Through Pictures" blog series

I've been putting in a few hours to get a sermon jam together of last weeks message from Brother Michael of Oak Grove Baptist and Real Truth Matters. Finding time to do so seems to be a little tricky these day. First of all, I'm not very proficient (efficient too) with the Adobe programs, so it is a learn as you go thing. Secondly I have a full time job that takes up most of my daylight hours. Third is family life at the homestead, as I can't take all of my "free" time and spend it tucked away at my desk. Fourth, I have other chores that I need to do around the house like mowing, taking stuff to the dump, doing taxes and all that other fun kind of stuff. So, I have to juggle it all around to be able to do it all and not step on the toes of the others, because all are important.

I suppose that as I work with these programs I will become faster and get the feel of how to chop up messages to compact it into a 3 minute or less version. That's a huge feat because an hour sermon chocked full of great truths is not very easily dissected to give a Cliff's Notes version of. I can't change the message and I can't rip things out of context and must give the viewer the just of the message, or enough that they feel the need to download and listen to the whole sermon.

My goal number one in these projects is the bring glory to the Lord. There are other, lesser, things that are also goals such as deadlines and gaining experience. I will admit that these will probably be really rudimentary and not full of very much fluff for the first few months as I properly learn the tools and techniques. So stay tuned and watch the progress, leave me messages and please give me feedback and HELP if you can give me pointers in After Effects, Premier and/ or Photoshop.

As Hudson Taylor said, "God's work, done in God's time, will never lack God's provision". That is my go to phrase right now as I make myself more readily usable by God. If He is in this then He will supply the knowledge, the time and hopefully the newer version of Adobe CS Suite 5.5. So, if any Adobe execs are reading or if you happen to have some extra cash lying around, send it my way for the newer and easier to work with versions of these programs. Just sayin'.

Gotta run. It's getting late and I have to get up for work in the morning. Thanks for reading and please leave a comment and let me know how you found my blog.

No comments: