Monday, April 11, 2011

Flavor Of The Day Limeaflower


Day 283 in my "Year In My Life Through Pictures" blog sereis

On my diet I do not have very many options when it comes to things to satisfy my sweet tooth. I suppose if I had not fulfilled my sweet tooth cravings so much in my past I would not be in the condition that I am in currently. But, I do still crave sweets and I do need some kind of release from that, so I have recently discovered sugar free pudding and have been partaking of that yummy treat lately.

While looking at the pudding choices I saw the sugar free Jell-O right next to the pudding and decided to get some of that too. It's actually not Jell-O, but the store brand, so I may get in trouble if I keep referring to it as Jell-O, but what else do you call it? Like a Q-Tip, what else do you call the sticks with cotton on the ends of them?

Tonight I decided to make up some lime Jell-O and had to follow the directions because I can't recall ever making Jell-O before. I was moving along fine, boil a cup of water, stir for 3 minutes, add cold water, chill, add fruits or vegetable. Vegetables? In Jell-O? Who would do a thing like that? What kind of vegetable is proper for Jell-O? What vegetable compliments lime Jell-O? Since I'm on a low carb diet can I add green beans to my orange Jell-O without it clashing? How about cauliflower to the lime flavor?

I've really wracked my brain trying to figure this out. Can anyone please fill me in on this conundrum? I know I may not be the best cook in the world, but c'mon. Next thing someone will want to put something like carrots into a cake and pass it off as good.

No comments: