Friday, April 15, 2011

Awesome Display Of God's Power


Day 287 in my "Year In My Life Through Pictures" blog series

I have to confess first thing, I did not take this picture, but wish I had. It is really cool. Probably the first I have ever seen with lightning and a rainbow in the same picture. It certainly beat any picture that I could have taken today.

Pictures like this catch a split second of time that will never be recreated. Now, with this photo, the split second awesome display of our God can be enjoyed for many years to come. I have been noticing more of nature that God has given to us. Even the mighty thunderstorms that rolled through this evening displayed the glory of God. The crashing thunder and winds only are a minimal fraction of what God can do. After all, look at the fastness of the Universe and see His glory on display. Why else would He create so many solar systems, planets and stars except to show us how awesome He is?

It does seem like we are smack dab in thunderstorm alley right now. Somehow our weather patterns have been more intense over the past couple of years. I know that the U.S. is not mentioned in scripture about the end times, but the weather is, so maybe this is one of the signs announcing Christ's return. No other time in history have as many prophecies been fulfilled. Are you ready? Is Christ Lord of your life? Have you seen your utter depravity and lack of ability to save yourself? Turn to Him and place all trust for all things in Him. Today is the day of salvation, you may not get another.

No comments: