Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day Skipper


Day 318 in my "Yer In My Life Through Pictures" blog series

It happened. I missed a day in this series. After 317 days, I missed yesterday. I have an excuse though, or rather a reason, as I don't want to put blame anywhere but on me. I got wrapped up in working on the sermon jam I have been working on for a while now. I was having rendering issues and stayed up to 1:30 this morning trying to figure it out.

Turns out that I had a few other issues with the video too. I changed the parameters on a couple of the elements within the video and messed up a section of the video. So, I changed that back and added credits at the end of the video. Really I added them at the beginning and the end, but somehow the beginning got cut off, so I'll have to get that fixed again.

Seems like this has turned into a really good lesson for me on some basics of After Effects. Hopefully I will not make some of these mistakes going forward and will know how to adjust the settings properly. I just have to keep in mind why I am doing this in the first place and not dwell on my mistakes. If God is in this, then God will take control of it. I pray that I am not wasting my time and efforts in this if it is not within His will to do so. I must always seek Him through this process and give the results to Him.

I do think that the newer version of After Effects, Premier Pro and Photoshop would be a major plus to have. I believe the process would not have as many hiccups and headaches as I have now. The newer technology is really mind blowing and the intuitive programs that Adobe puts out is really impressive. I have been trying to find out if Adobe offers a similar discount for non-profits organizations as it does for education, but come up short. So, if anyone happens to read this that knows please let me know. Also, if you feel the need to purchase the CS5.5 Production Premium suite for me I would be more than happy to let you :).

No comments: