Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Duly Noted


Day 312 in my "Year In My Life Through Pictures" blog series

These are the notes I have been using for the past few weeks while working on a "sermon jam" for Real Truth Matters. Admittedly I have not advanced as fast as I would have liked, but I am gaining momentum as the process ends its completion. It is a very labor intensive process, but it is really fun to do and is also a challenge, since I had no idea what I was doing at first. Well, now is not much better either but I have learned a few things.

My notes are not really notes, but actually a transcript of the audio portion of the video, the "sermon" part of the "sermon jam". The audio I thought would be the most challenging part to do and actually fell in place with ease. The video portion, not so much. It would help if I didn't have a job and we didn't have the flooding recently as it has taken up quite a bit of my time. But, I do what I can, when I can, trying not to alienate my wife too much while I log the hours in my office.

I have set the goal to finish by Friday. I am really shooting for tomorrow and pray that God guides me in the idea department to finish up. It's amazing how a 4 minute video is so hard to fill with different, interesting and pertinent footage and "things". As I have said, it is a learning process that will advance me in knowledge that will be used in future projects. I have told my pastor that I have the ultimate goal of getting a video together within a couple of days of the message so it will be posted on the RTM website and Facebook. This will spark interest (hopefully) in that week's message and point people to the website to download or stream the entire message.

I ask that you join me in prayer that this goal is realized and that God is glorified through my efforts.

No comments: