Monday, May 30, 2011

Days Like These


Day 332 in my "Year In My Life Through Pictures" blog series

Today is/ was Memorial Day. So much more than an extra day off and a day to grill, even though both happened for me today. I also went to the movies with Chandra, Forrest and Allan, which is kind of an oddity for me as I am a cheapskate. I also mowed our grass, which is not a favorite pastime of mine, especially when it is over 90 outside, which it was today and is forecasted to be all week. Matt and Emily came out just in time to partake of the grillwork that Chandra had been doing while I was mowing.

It was a good day, not that I really have bad days, but in the sense that I had some moments with the family that aren't in the common/ everyday variety. God is continually blessing me, even when I take His blessing for granted. I must slow down sometimes to actually see His handiwork around me and get a clearer perspective of just how wonderful He is and how He directs my path. I may be a filthy wretch a lot, but thankfully He is my Father that will pick me out of the mud of sin, wash me clean and allow me to do it over and over again. I suppose if I didn't sin I wouldn't really see my need as badly as I do for His guidance and His grace in my life.

I pray for more days like this, with the family and with renewal of my spirit to see my Father more clearly. I can really see Paul's words with better understanding from Romans 7:19:
For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.

May the grace of God keep me in check and keep me focused on Him, for everything.

No comments: