Thursday, May 26, 2011

Reese's Are My Friend


Day 328 in my "Year In My Life Through Pictures" blog series

Ahhhh. Reese's Eggs. These little morsels of goodness have been in my direct line of view since my wife gave them to me for Easter. She knew that I was on a diet, but she also knew these are my favorite. I have been good though. These are still sealed up and I haven't touched them since putting them on the shelf on my desk, right above the TaxCut box.

I have always loved Reese's Cups, but the addition of the Reese's Eggs years ago really hooked me. I have really had to restrain myself from eating these, but keep telling myself one day I will have reached my goal and then I will eat one. This is looking like it might be a while, so I am looking at different options. The main reason is I hate to waste anything and wasting these delicacies would be a travesty. So, #1) I could give them to the boys to devour. #2) I could freeze them for my day that I reach my goal, thereby rendering my weight loss stopped and actually reversing for a while #3) I could eat them in one sitting now, get fed up with my lack of self control and gain a renewed spirit concerning my dieting.

I guess I just like to punish myself in the time being though. Looking at these every day is not easy, but I know that I don't have to. Maybe subconsciously I am testing myself and tenacity to follow my dieting plan. Or maybe I am just a glutton for punishment. All I know is that I have been a little over 4 months without sugar, bread and all other forms of carbs.

This is a trying time, but with God I am achieving the weight loss I started out desiring. I am down quite a bit and get compliments all the time. With those compliments I try to share with everyone that God has been doing this, not me. My willpower pulled an Elvis and left the building a few years ago, so I heavily lean on God for strength through the desires. It may sound trivial to some, but total dependence is what He wants from us. I am not perfect at this by any means, but through His love and grace I am learning more daily on how to. His grace is sufficient. I need to remind myself of that constantly.

No comments: