Monday, July 12, 2010

A Year In My Life Through Pictures Day 11


Stay focused... That's my mantra these days. The enemy is hurling some fiery darts my way and staying focused on the Lord and His Word are the only things that can be done.

Trials come and trials go and I have learned that I must rest in the Lord to see me through, stay focused on Him. Too many times I have (and still do) lash out of the flesh. Not that I mean to cause harm or damage, but to prove a point or to show that I am right and someone else is wrong. I would like to say that Jeff is dead and buried, but he isn't and I battle myself. I suppose it is the battle that Paul describes in Galatians 5:16-17 “I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.”

But what it boils down to is my weakness and lack of belief that God has it all in control. I am slowly realizing that I can't fix things nor can I prove someone wrong and be walking in the Spirit. I must rely on God to do those things and if He chooses me to do those things, then He will choose different means than I do.

I praise God that He has revealed how I lose focus so easily.

No comments: