Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Year In My Life Through Pictures Day 13


This was taken after our prayer meeting tonight at church, after most had left. Some of us hang out and chit chat afterward. Tonight I was talking to a few dear brothers looking out over the playground area and was taken by the beautiful sunset through the trees.

Today was especially hot in our area. So, the sunset was a much anticipated thing for a lot of people today as it brought a much needed relief from the high temperatures. It reminds me though of Ephesians 4:26-27 “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, nor give place to the devil. Oh, how I need to remember this passage. I get angry from time to time, and yes I even let the sun go down on my anger, which in turn gives place to the devil to run in and wreak havoc in my life.

I pray that the Lord gives me what the ending of this chapter says in verse 32 "And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." I do have to admit that I do forget easily the exacts of why I get angry and upset, but am left with the residuals of that anger. I forget why I am angry or upset and instead I am just upset as a feeling instead of with reason. I do tend to wake up with the anger gone, but that doesn't excuse my defiance to this admonition.

This is just one more way that I need to seek God daily. To give my weaknesses over to Him to control for me, instead of my weaknesses controlling me. The Lord is merciful in these areas and gives the comfort needed, but we have to realize we need Him for this and that we can't do it on our own.

No comments: