Friday, July 23, 2010

A Year In My Life Through Pictures Day 22


Yeah, that's the top of my head. Yeah, that's gray hair. Yeah, it doesn't really bother me. My mantra has been "it can turn gray, as long as it doesn't turn loose". Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Gray hair is not the worst thing that can happen to a person, after all. My brother, for example, started getting gray hair when he was about 14 or so. It started as a small gray patch on the back of his head. Now? He is mostly gray (or white actually) headed, with a little dark thrown in for good measure. So, my "grayness" waited a few years longer, until I was in my mid to late 30's. Now in my early forties the grays are quickly catching up with the browns. Normally I just put a little gel in my hair and you can't really tell anyway.

I like what Proverbs 16:31 says "Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained in a righteous life. But, I don't think it pertains to me, as I have led a very unrighteous life on my own. That is the wonderful part of God's love, He has found me righteous, not of anything that I have done or will do, but because of His Son. The Father imputed Jesus Christs righteousness onto me. That is the gospel in a nutshell. At that moment, I was seen as spotless, because I was then in Christ. God , the Father, sees me through the Son as perfect. There is nothing I did to gain this, there is nothing I can do to lose this. That is what is so amazing, I do not deserve His love, I do not deserve to be called a child of God, but I am. He paid it all so I could be free of my sins and no matter what I will always be His, gray hair and all.

No comments: