Friday, July 30, 2010

A Year In My Life Through Pictures Day 29


I had a plan for today's year in my life post, I was going to feature a picture of the 3rd animal in our home, Tux the cat. Things seem to have gotten changed up as Chandra and I were shopping at the local Hobby Lobby this evening.

Take a good look at the picture. I just have one thing to say - If you are going to purchase accents like these for your baby boy, then you have issues. I think it was just a sign mix-up, but it is quite humorous seeing an end-cap full of pink, girly items with a sign promoting them for a boy. And here I thought Hobby Lobby was a Christian business (just joking).

Hobby Lobby is indeed one of the few true Christian ran businesses left in the United States. In a day when it is not politically correct to profess beliefs in Christ but Hobby Lobby, Chic-Fil-A and a few other national businesses are not ashamed of their foundation built on Jesus Christ. I would say that we should all support these places as often as possible. They hearken back to a time when life was much better, as far as principles and morals go. In my youth you would have been hard pressed to find any store open on a Sunday, and if you did it would only be from 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM so the employees could still attend morning and evening church services. These days every business is open, except for the ones that hold fast and true to their Christian heritage.

Next time you're shopping go to an openly Christian store, buy something and thank them for standing by their beliefs. Send them an email and let them know you appreciate their business practices and standards. Let them know you support them with buying from them and with your prayers. They need to know that Christians stand by them and with them on their convictions.

Just don't buy anything pink for your baby boy.

No comments: