Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Year In My Life Through Pictures Day 14


We were invited to the Reeds this evening to help celebrate their youngest's 2nd Birthday. Martin is a fun little boy, maybe the most well behaved child I have ever been in contact with too.

What a great time it was just watching the kids play, playing a little ourselves and eating some of the best cake a person could ever have. Thanks Missy for being so talented in the cake making department. I always look forward to partaking of its sugary goodness whenever the opportunity arises.

I took a few other photos through the day and took several during the evening. The one I chose was my favorite. Why? Because of the look of joy on Justin's face. I believe Justin was happier to see the Tonka remote controlled car than Martin was. But we all had a blast playing with it.

Seeing Justin help Martin opening his presents, interacting with him and loving on his son makes me think of the joy our Father has for us. It was really a reminder of Matthew 7:11 "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!"

We love our children and would do anything for them, even lay our lives down for their safety, give them as much as we can to give them joy. So, as the verse says, we are evil but still want to supply and give to our children. Now really think about the goodness of God, meditate on just how much He gives us. Do we really understand just how much God glories in us, as His children? I surely can't grasp that in all it's glory. That is something I am going to have to ruminate through the next several years, just how much the God of all, the Creator of everything, the King of Glory loves me, a worthless sinner that He loves for some unknown reason to me.

Thank you Justin and Missy for inviting us over to share in this very special day.


Martin giving us a little entertainment through song.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Awww, I love that picture! Thanks for your post and your kind words. It was such a blessing that you all came; you are truly family.