Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Year In My Life Through Pictures Day 26


Had a great time this evening at the Aaron Shust, 33 Miles, Among The Thirsty, New Fire concert here in Paducah. A couple of good things to note about the concert - 1) It was only about 5 miles from my house 2) It only cost $5 to get in 3) I won a text contest by just texting a phrase to a number and got a cool T Shirt, CD and signed poster.

What could get any better than that? Well, the fact that Aaron Shust led a worship service instead of just putting on a concert ended the night perfectly. What a great musician this man is. The other groups also were very talented and very acknowledging of the Lord in their words and in their music.

The award for most talented guitar player of the night goes to 33 Miles guitar player, Chris Lockwood. This guy can burn the strings up, quite possibly better than 99% of other guitar players I have ever heard, bar none. It is great to see his talents going to glorify God and not on worldly things.

If any of the groups I saw tonight were to come around again I would definitely be there. It did bother me somewhat that the house wasn't packed out, which I have also noticed at other Christian concerts here in Paducah. I would say "I wonder why that is?" but I know why. There aren't that many Christians in Paducah. A lot of professions, but not many true bible believing, Christ exalting, brotherly love sharing, Christian concert going Christians. It is sad on many levels and I need to focus more prayer on these deceived people. I think we all do.

1 comment:

Sophie said...

Ahhh, I'm so jealous! Thanks for posting all your blogs and photos, I love reading about the happenings back home. I hope you're doing well, I miss you guys!