Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Living On A Prayer


Day 228 in my "Year In My Life Through Pictures" blog series

This evening was the conclusion of the "Rebuild Your Temple/ Hope For Hope" meetings. Tonight Dr. Jason taught us about nutrition and toxins, what to eat and what to watch for on packages to avoid. I did learn that all of the fruits that I like, I cannot have. I can, however, have anything with "berry" in its name and just about any natural protein and the kicker - butter.

So, I can have scrambled eggs fried in butter with a side of a couple of pieces of bacon and still be dieting. But alas, biscuits and gravy with it. My entire way of eating is changing. I have already been doing a quasi-Atkins type diet, but have kept some carbs in the diet. I have not had a real game-plan, but now I have the basics and am free to run with it. We were encouraged to eat cashews, pecans, granny smith apples and whole cheeses, so there are some things that I do like. Also he recommended a salad for a meal each day, which sounds good to me and I have already been eating salads for a while anyway, just not every day. On the flip side, the veggies that are recommended sound like what I scrape off of my plate into the trash - cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower.

This transitional time in my lifestyle I will be leaning heavily on God for my strength. I will surely be burdened and heavy laden as I embark on this transformation. He can empower me to change and I believe He wants me to change and stop filling my temple with the bad tings of this world. This is a full time thing too. I know that if I get a taste of pizza or a Reese's cup I will be off the wagon again. I am determined to get in shape and to live a life pleasing to the Lord.

No comments: