Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Weather, You Like Or Not


Day 222 in my "Year In My Life Through Pictures" blog series

It happened again today. Another considerable snow event here in Paducah. We received about 3-4 inches, give or take. The temperatures were/ are really low, so everything that hit the roads stayed there today. They called school off before the bus came this time, unlike Monday when 20+ buses ended up in ditches. They have also already called off school for tomorrow. I've been wondering why they don't call off work too.

I have heard a lot of complaining about the snow. Personally, I like snow, don't mind driving in it, don't mind walking through it (as long as I have boots on) and I really do like the way it looks. Some have said that "Mother Nature" was not their friend any longer because of the snow. Some gripe about it in general.

I say that God is in control of the weather, so I am not going to complain about His handiwork. I may be inconvenienced from time to time by a wind storm or heavy downpour of rain, but I know that He has His reasons for those types of conditions. Who am I to call His judgments into question about what the temperature is going to be or how many inches of snow we are going to have. Weather is just a fact of nature. We must have rainy days and we must have sunny days, so just get over your self centeredness and accept the day God has made and allowed you to partake in.

Every day of life is a gift from God in which He pours His blessing on you by allowing you to wake up. Thank Him every morning for another day and ask Him to reveal to you how you may glorify Him each day. Believe me, the opportunities are there, we are just too busy or too me-centric to see them. We have many chances every day to share the gospel with people, be it family, friends, co-workers or the person waiting on you at Wal-Mart. We all miss these chances to tell of God's goodness because we can't see past our nose and miss everything that is going on around us.

Here's a challenge. Every morning for the next month, when you wake up, pray to God to show you where you can further the kingdom. Ask where you can be His hands or feet and keep your eyes open. Praise Him for allowing you to wake up. Praise Him for the weather situation whatever the conditions and think about why we need different seasons and different weather conditions. Ask to be able to see those in your path that God wants you to interact with and share His message of salvation. Then just go. Go into the world that He allows you access to and make disciples.

No comments: