Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines And 8th Anniversary Equals....


Day 227 in my "Year In My Life Through Pictures" blog series

What is today? Valentines Day? Yes. My wife and my anniversary? Yes. What do you get when you put those two together? A Valenversary, of course.

Today marked our 8th wedding anniversary and I can honestly say I love my wife more now than I ever have. How is that possible? Because God has shown me the proper context of marriage by His design and the mark at which I am to aim in our marriage Ephesians 5:25.

It is not an attainable goal, but nonetheless it is what I strive for. Failing miserably along the journey, but looking to God for the guidance needed for the journey. Can I love my wife like Christ loves the Church, His bride? No way at all I, or any other man, can do that. Which is exactly why we need Christ all the more. Have I got it all down yet? No, and I probably never will and that is a blessing because if I did then I would not need to seek Christ in this area any longer. I want God to be the focus of our marriage and for us to show to a lost world what God designed a marriage to be. With His love to us both, that is an attainable goal.

No comments: