Saturday, February 5, 2011

Thanks For The Memories


Day 218 in my "Year In My Life Through Pictures" blog series

Chandra came across this local paper today while looking through some things she had put back when Matthew was a baby. This came out in 1993, so that was almost 18 years ago. Matt would have been 2 1/2 at the time and Chandra was sporting a Little Caesars uniform. This was still when we were together when Matt was young and Little Caesars was a staple for us then. Maybe that's why we have such an affinity for pizza now.

It's cool to look back through things from the past, it seems to stir emotions from days gone by and bring memories back that haven't been thought about in a long time. It was cool to look through and see a pair of shoes that Matt wore when he was a toddler and see some Star Trek memorabilia from yesteryear. There was also some things from Chandra's baby years stashed away in the storage container.

I am very thankful to the Lord for seeing us through the years. We had a relationship young in life and had a child, split up and got back together and got married. We were both unconverted through our lives, even though I was banking on a prayer at 8 years old for my salvation and she on being a Catholic. God saw us through and allowed us to be married. We were both converted after we were married and God has seen us through every step. I am so thankful for my wife and love her more and more each day. God's gift to me, in Chandra, is more than I could ever deserve. We may have our squabbles here and there, but that is to be expected. I love my wife and can not fathom a day without her. I am happy to be sharing everything with her.

We will be celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary in a little of a week. It seems like a much shorter time as our years fly by. We are expecting our first grandchild in June, much earlier than we anticipated, but we are both very excited. I amazingly look to God as the days pass at the grace and mercy He shows us. If not for His love for me I would never be able to love my wife the way I should. I fail miserably a lot and I constantly look to the cross for my strength. As Christ loves His church I strive to love my wife (Ephesians 5:25). An impossible feat, but a worthy goal.

No comments: