Monday, February 28, 2011


Day 241 in my "Year In My Life Through Pictures" blog series

Well, I did it again. Second time in 3 days I have washed a load of laundry and forgot about it until it was time to go to bed. Needless to say, I did not dry it tonight and it will have to wait until tomorrow. I put it in a laundry basket to let it air dry a little, so I guess that In effect, I am saving energy because of my mess up.

I got too busy tonight working on a project and the time flew by. It was 9:45 before I blinked and I still had not thought about the laundry that I started around 6:30. Hopefully this project will come together soon. I am getting the hang of it a little better, but it is a learning process for me within Adobe After Effects.

I am attempting to make a video from a potion of a sermon to put on the web from my church, Oak Grove Baptist. The full sermons are online, but people do not seem to have the time to listen to a full sermon any more. The typical attention span is less than ....... What was I talking about again? Oh, yeah, attention span. A lot of people, now, want just short bits of information at a time. This is true, even though they stay on the internet and their computer for hours at a time, but only want bits of information from places instead of much information. This is perfect for "sermon jams" and other types of media being used to convey messages.

Some of these shorts clips pack a big punch within just a minute or two. That is my hopes for this sermon clip. It is in the 6 minute range, so it is outside the average length of a video these days, but I do believe the subject matter and the cadence of the message will hold attention.

I still like to listen to the full sermons on the web as much as I can. The short clips just give me a taste of what the message is about. I also want to know if a the particular clip has been lifted out of context or not. I'm sure that there is enough audio files of preachers and speakers out there that you could chop up a few and make the topic and message be whatever you would want it to be. Context is very important in scripture and in preaching from the Word.

Well, I'll post the video when I compete it, but I'm not promising any certain day. It is a time consuming process, but is well worth it to gain experience and to know that I am working for the Lord in doing this. I am depending on Him to guide me to the information I need to use to achieve what He wants the project to be.

No comments: