Friday, June 17, 2011

Directly Stated


Day 350 in my "Year In My Life Through Pictures" blog series

We had DirecTV installed today..... again. We had it once before and the price started climbing and so we went back to Comcast. One reason we went back to Comcast was because we wouldn't need any additional boxes on each TV. Well, scratch that because Comcast now requires boxes for every TV. This is even for new TVs with digital tuners. To me this is a big issue, because you buy a TV with a digital tuner and you expect to be able to use it. Comcast has different ideas, so we thought that if we had to have a box on every TV that we might as well have Hi-Def boxes and more Hi-Def channels. So, that's it in a nutshell.

All of my evening was filled with the installation process. I rushed home from work to meet Carl, the installation technician. Over the next 7 hours we became kinda of buddies. I helped him as much as I could, I un-packaged the receivers and hooked them to the TVs and waited for him to do his thing with the dish and cables. It was going really smooth until activation time. Things went south quick and stayed there for about 3 hours longer than he anticipated. It all worked out after troubleshooting the system and Carl was on his way. Unfortunately I did not get to share the gospel with him since he was outside or on the phone the majority of the time, but I will one day. I'm going to send a thank you letter to him and in it share the gospel. I am also going to send a letter to DirecTV and let them know how frustrating this job was and yet Carl kept his cool and delivered, above and beyond. I'm going to recommend a raise for him, even though it might be unheeded.

I did get to sow a few seed along the path with Carl today. I pray that God uses them to His glory in whatever way that He can.

No comments: