Sunday, June 19, 2011

Tired Of Being Tired


Day 352 in my "Year In My Life Through Pictures" blog series

I'm getting sleepy.... and it's not even 10:00 yet. That means that I am either getting old or I already am old. I could use to stay up until 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning and get up at 5:30 and be good to go for the whole day, now..... not so much.

Admittedly I do stay up late some times. Well, a lot of the time I stay up too late and do not get enough rest. I should probably start getting to bed earlier since I start getting tired while I'm still at work. Also, watching TV or on the computer at home I can close my eyes and nod off. Before you think it, no. I will not be taking any naps during the day, when I get off work. That is a guaranteed late night staying awake.

I have always been a night owl, but since I have been waking up at 5:30 AM for the past 13 years my body has set its internal alarm clock to wake me up. I am conditioned to wake up early in the morning now, even on my days off. Believe me, I try to sleep late, but it just doesn't work for me. Also, if I don't wake up early our dog makes sure that he wakes me up.

I do need more self discipline on my activities as well. I waste a lot of time just clicking through websites, Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, Ebay, a local classified website and too many other websites to mention. I do accomplish some things while on the computer, but not nearly enough. So, step one is taken - I have admitted that I have a problem. Next step is to seek God that He will guide me to how to overcome this issue and final step is to trust that He will do exactly that. Not that I don't have a responsibility to change, but I am certain He will show me and guide me into how to accomplish this. I need to be more Kingdom and eternity focused. I also need to get another project going that will take my focus and be work for the Lord. May He also guide me in that area and allow the project to come together in the way He desires. I have learned a lot and actually look forward to the next video and/ or project.

So, pray for me in this area. Pray that I stop wasting time and start focusing on the Lord.

No comments: