Friday, June 3, 2011

Why Are You Snapping At Me?


Day 336 in my "Year In My Life Through Pictures" blog series

This picture is deceiving. This snapping turtle as a lot larger than it looks by this picture. I would guess it was about as long as a football and about 1 1/2 times as wide. It was a little perturbed too because our do decided to bark at it and my uncle from next door wanted to poke it with a stick to make it snap. He did and it did and Chandra saw up close how fast a turtle can really be.

Even though I would never pick one of these fellows up I do look at it with awe and amazement as I do with all of God's creation. This turtle, though it seems like a menace to most, was wonderfully designed and made by our Lord. What's the purpose of a snapping turtle? Other than showing the creative power of God, that is? I have no idea, but then again I have no idea why wasps, moles or platypus' are on this Earth either. I do know that each does point to the creator.

Creation proves there was a creator, just as a building proves there was a builder. Your city hall just didn't appear one day, there were many hands that built it. The painting on you wall proves that there was a painter that painted the picture. Nature around us, i.e. creation, proves that there was a designer, a Creator. Romans 1:20 tells us:
For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,

1 John tells us that all things were created by Him and through Him (Jesus). That means that everything bears witness that God created it.

I suggest that you not only stop to smell the roses, but you stop to admire His creative power. Also realize that His same creative power is what is used when He creates a new heart in someone and makes them a new creation. Now that is truly Good News.

No comments: