Monday, June 6, 2011

Mist Again


Day 339 in my "Year In My Life Through Pictures" blog series

It was foggy this morning. Not just a patch here or there, but really thick fog all the way to work. In places it was thicker than others, but there were no thin patches. Some areas I couldn't see more than 20-30 feet ahead of me and others may have doubled that length.

This picture was taken at the stop sign (yes I stopped and took this picture). You can see the sun poking through the tree branches and burning through the fog. It's light was noticeable, the fog couldn't stop its rays from lighting the earth around me. It didn't take long and the effects of the sun lifted the fog, burned it off, evaporated it into clouds, whatever term or scientific reason you want to give to it - it was gone.

This reminded me of sin in ones life. Although the sin is ever before them the Son still shines around them. A true child of God will always have Christ in their life and around them, they will always be reminded of Him. How could they not be? If they are part of His Body, then they can't help but be affected by His presence. They may need to look through the branches of their sinfulness, but He is always there. And guess what - He still loves them and still forgives them. Christ was tempted as we all are, so He knows our plight against sin, against this flesh. He is our advocate to the Father and because of His sacrifice we are forgiven of every sin we ever committed before He saved us and every sin since.

We often get mired in our sins and must confess, but He already knows what we have done and He has already forgiven us. As my pastor reminds us all the time, "The supply was there before we knew we had the need". Christ's perfect sacrifice, the atonement for our sins was laid out before the foundation of the world (Revelation 13:8, 1st Peter 1:18-20, Ephesians 1:3-7, 2nd Timothy 1:9, Romans 8:29-30, Hebrews 12:2). God loved us before there was an "us". How amazing is that? It kind of boggles our finite minds to think of things like this, the eternal nature of God.

I praise God that He loves me. He would be just in sending me to hell at any moment, but He loved me anyway. I sinned against Him in my youth and I continue to shake my fist at Him every day in my selfish, sinful state. But he loves me anyway. That is the Gospel in a nutshell - He loved us anyway. We should all be willing to share this with every person we see, but we are yet still fallen and keep our mouths shut and do not tell all of the wonderfulness of our God, which is yet sinning even more. I pray that the Lord graces me with a more open mouth to tell of His greatness. I am far too quiet when it comes to speaking of Him and how He has blessed me. But, yet again, seeing this is a grace of God and allows me to depend on Him even more. What a wonderful God we serve indeed.

No comments: