Thursday, June 9, 2011

Extra! Extra!


Day 342 in my "Year In My Life Through Pictures" blog series

Extra? Extra! Yes, this is the only gum that I chew. Just like Diet Coke is the only soft drink I drink and Gillette is the only deodorant I use. I am a creature of habit and when I find something I like I stick with it. You can say I am loyal to the core, which I realize, but it is more of a "if it's not broke don't fix it" mentality. I like the things I mentioned and they still do and still are what I originally liked about them and now many years later I still like the same things.

The Extra gum did change its packaging a year or so ago and I did not like it at all. I was used to just carrying around a 5 stick pack of gum in my pants pocket, it didn't take up much room and was enough to last wherever I was going. Then they started the mega packs of gum with 15 or so sticks to a box and I was very put off by it. I know they decreased the pieces in the packs in relation to cost, so they increased profit. What I did not like was the size of the pack. I still don't and I would still like to see them go retro and do the 5 stick packs again. Other than that the Polar Ice is still the same. The flavor lasts for as long as you want to chew the gum and if your nose is a little clogged it will usually clear your nasal passages when you sstart chewing a fresh piece.

I do like things to be a certain way and I do certain things the same way everyday. When that routine sways then I get uncomfortable. Not angry, mad or upset, but just uneasy and "agitated" because things are not the same. Not that I don't see the need for change in a lot of areas, but just not in my areas. I know I need to be out of the comfort zone on a lot of things. I know that I am a quiet and semi-introverted person and that I need to speak up more. Not that I want my voice to be heard, but that I want people to hear about my God and what He has done for me ans what He continues to do every day. That is a change that I desire, but often times cower back into my comfort zone. Yet again, one more way for me to seek God, so that He can show Himself and that others will know that it is not me speaking, but God speaking through me. That would be a good change.

No comments: