Thursday, June 30, 2011

Facebook And Microwaves


Day 363 in my "Year In My Life Through Pictures" blog series

Say what you want to about Facebook, but it has been a great joy to me. I am on there every day, but each day offers something new and edifying. I have met people from all over the world, that I would have otherwise never known this side of heaven. I just had the opportunity to pray for a young lady that needs God badly, which I wouldn't have been able to do if not for my little world of Facebook.

Each morning I pull a quote, actually two, one for my page and one for the Real Truth Matters Facebook page. I try to keep these short so people will read them, but do you know how hard it is to put a theological thought into a sentence or less? Yeah, very hard. I keep them short because we have all become accustomed to instant gratification and a desire to get as much information in as little time as possible. This goes right along with the rest of our "microwave society" that wants things fast or doesn't want them at all. We love our instant things, microwave popcorn, instant potatoes, instant pudding, minute rice. We can't get things fast enough to please us.

Maybe things will revert back some day. Probably not, but a guy can hope though, right? I am all about the slow life, well, most of the time anyway.

PS
Blogger was having major issues when I was trying to post this. It is now well after midnight and I have yet to succeed in making the post for today. I will try again in the morning.

No comments: