Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Washed


Day 334 in my "Year In My Life Through Pictures" blog series

Laundry..... not my favorite thing to do, but it is one of those things that must be done. Today I must needs to do my laundry. I was out of shirts and I needed a decent one to wear to church tomorrow when I get off work to help with serving dinner to the flood victims in our area. So, I did a single load and still have about 3 more that need to be done. Yes, that is a lot of clothes. Yes, I do my own laundry.

Looking at the mounds of clothing that is mine I can't help but see how God has blessed me and my family. It's not that I have expensive clothing or anything, but that I have a lot of clothing and many people would be fortunate to have a couple of days worth of clothes. I can go weeks without needing to do laundry, which means I have A LOT of clothes from every category including socks, skivvies, shirts, pants and even work clothes. So, yes I am blessed... greatly.

I do not realize that near as much as I need o. I should be thanking God every time I open the refrigerator, lay down in a nice bed, feel the coolness from the air conditioner, sit down in my car, get a paycheck, think of my wife and kids and turn a light on. I have been blessed by God so much and I am so thankless most of the time. I have "stuff" sitting on other "stuff" that I haven't touched in years, just collecting dust. I had a felt need for something, got it, then forgot about it, which could probably be seen as excessive or wasteful.

Thank God He still shows us things through our life and along our path. He continually sanctifies me (us) as we grow closer to Him. He is Light, so it is His nature to expose the darkness in our lives and the closer we get to Him the more gets exposed, even down to the crevices in the deepest regions of our heart. Praise the Lord He still works on us and is so forgiving and so long-suffering. We each deserve a fiery hell, but His love is extended to us, through Christ every moment of every day. We must continue to preach the gospel to ourselves every minute of every day as we need it as much as the lost man does. Thank God He keeps saving me.

No comments: